Sunday, January 30, 2011

Quiz 2, Question 2

I saw this Newsweek cover and it really got me thinking. On the cover it says, "MAN UP! The Traditional Male Is an Endangered Species. It's Time to Rethink Masculinity." When I first saw this, I almost agreed with this. I agree with some stuff such as the traditional male is endangered. Guy don't have to have business jobs anymore, girls don't have to be housewives, etc. I mean, what is masculinity now-a-days? This article is saying that men don't have to be those really masculine guys anymore; they don't have to have 6-packs, you don't need to be fit, you don't need that expensive car or clothes to get girls, etc. But is that really true? Look at the picture now and not the words. It is a male with short, dark brown hair and also has a very good body (probably has a 6-pack). If they are saying that the "traditional male" is becoming extinct, why did they choose that model? Why didn't they choose a "regular" guy who isn't in incredible shape?

No comments:

Post a Comment